Want to stay in touch? Become a 'Golden Ticket Member' (for FREE) for exclusive discounts + sales + freebies + news. Yes, please!

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Wonderful Wednesday - The Garden

I love it when the weather warms up a little. It makes it so much nicer to be outside. It also helps all types of lovely flowers to bloom. We have a number of roses in the front garden and they are starting to grow buds and flower - it provides a tinge of colour to the greeness of the garden.

I also had the opportunity to spend some time over the weekend and today to be in the garden. Our poor garden had become a little over grown during the Winter season whilst the enthusiasm to be outside was diminished due to cold, wet weather. While I had some time off of work, I thought it would be great to get some fresh air and exercise by tidying up parts of the garden. We have some free range chickens and they love hanging around while weeds are being pulled up so that can peck the bugs that are revealed. Hence, my inspiration for the week is... the garden...

Spoon plant markers by 'EAT Creations'

As a fellow up-cycler, I had to choose this one! I love the uniqueness of up-cycled items. I also love the practicality of this item - a water proof sign that labels plants in the garden. A great gift for a gardener.

House and garden embroidery by 'Squeeze Cuddles'

I love the simplicity of this design. I love the red and white flowers, adding a dash of colour,  next to the house, stitched in blue. Gorgeous!

Miniature gardens by 'Fairies in my garden'

These miniature gardens are adorable! They also look so realistic! I love the small grouping of colourful, clay toadstools on the mossy grass. These would make great table centre pieces for an outdoor party!

I hope you get a chance to wander around some beautiful gardens during the week.
Thanks for viewing!

4 comments:

  1. It's a lovely post Jen. Thank you for including my Home embroidery. The plant markers and the miniature gardens are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I think your embroideries are so lovely :)

      Delete
  2. You are too kind! Jen I shared your blogpost on my blog (including links to your shop and blog)

    Here it is ~ http://squeezecuddleshandmade.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/featured-on-tupsy-turvy-designs-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Julia. I love sharing handmade goodies. Thanks for sharing mine :) I will pop over and check it out...

      Delete

Thanks for viewing my blog! Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you. I read and respond to comments made. Thanks again!